Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
Drug and Alcohol Abuse in our Children KNOW THE SIGNS
BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! Change of friends (be extra wary if new
friendships develop with older teenagers or young adults
- if a best friend uses drugs
- careless about his/her personal appearance
- a decline in participation at home
- diminished interest in hobbies, sports, or favorite activities
- irritability, overreacts to mild criticism or avoids family contact
- eating and sleeping patterns have changed
- lack of appreciation for values that used to be important
- extreme emotional mood swings
- secretive phone calls
- changes in school performance, tardiness, truancy, and/or
disciplinary problems, frequently breaks curfews
- missing money, personal belongings, prescription drugs or
- trouble with the law, shoplifting, truancy, DUI, disorderly
- using street or drug language
- eyes are red or glassy, or nose is runny, but no allergies
- a family history of drug use or alcoholism
- cigarette smoking can be an early sign that other substance
use may be in the picture
- you discover pipes (or bongs), rolling papers, medicine
bottles, butane lighters, homemade pipes or other suspected
Get Educated on the Drugs Below!
NEW FACT SHEETS (PDF) click on link to print or
GHB and Rohypnol
|Teen Substance Abuse in White County, GA.
MARIJUANA IS THE MOST COMMONLY ABUSED ILLEGAL
SUBSTANCE BY WHITE COUNTY’S YOUTH!
Currently 200 open cases in White County DFACS…..99% are due to
10-15 children are taken out of their homes each month in White
County due to parental drug or alcohol abuse.
Don't End Up Like THIS!
We are here to Help!